2. After buying your beauties they will adjust to your feet, but should you wish them to expand more or if you do not have the patience to wait for it, you can get them blocked by a shoemaker. Block only half a size at a time and maybe block twice, rather than stretch them too much from the start. In Copenhagen we work well with Hovedbanegårdens Skomager.
3. Another way of making your shoes fit you perfectly, is to wear them in with moist socks on. Leather adapts easier when damp. Walk for a couple of hours, then leave the socks in the toe overnight and you should wake up to a perfect fit.
4. Keep your shoes away from excessive heat, rain, snow, sleet, hail, and other liquid hazards, but should the inevitable occur, then allow them to dry out naturally, don't ever put them close to the radiator as it would melt the glue and ruin the shoes. Stuffing the shoes with newspaper can also help to absorb the moisture if the weather was really mean to you.
5. Roccamore shoes have leather soles with a rubber patch, because they adapt better to your foot and create a higher comfort all together. Everyday use in heavy rain will make the leather expand and lose its shape. Salt can eat away the material not covered by rubber, so avoid salt as much as possible and take care of heavy rain.
6. If the soles wear out or get damaged, they can be resoled by a shoemaker. For good maintenance, we recommend resoling the shoes at the first signs of wear and tear, repairs are easier and more effective before the damage gets very big.
7. Roccamore heels are covered in the same soft leather used to make the entire shoe. We use materials which provide the best comfort, but are also more delicate than other types of leather. Therefore, be mindful of the heels if you are driving or biking, as they may get scratched. Should your heels get scratched, this can usually be repaired by a shoemaker.
8. Don't ever use a suede brush for your shoes. It will only tear the material and pull out the smaller fiber to eventually create holes in it. Those brushes are for heavier footwear like Timberlands etc.